Think about it; is it worth the stress of hiding the status of your finances from your spouse and even worse is it worth losing your spouse’s (or significant others) trust?
Perhaps you have been unfaithful to yourself as a single person. Wouldn’t you agree that some of us do lie to ourselves about money matters?
Tips that could make talking money easier:
1) Be honest with yourself and your spouse (or significant other)
2) Face the difficult situations head on
3) Create a space that is on a level playing field for one another. Call a family meeting outside of the bedroom (i.e. dining table with coffee, tea or popcorn etc.)
4) Allow the other person to share their concerns or ideas relating to your finances
5) Avoid judging each other; work through the tough areas
Remember talking money will be easier when you are honest with yourself and your partner.
Please leave a comment or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.